Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week 3

My thoughts this week are going to be a tad different compared to the previous two weeks. First, I really enjoyed the things we discussed in class on Wednesday and Friday, mostly how the role that a person plays will change depending on the system that they are in. I've noticed that when I'm home and with my family, I take more of a background role, watching people interact and observing what goes on. However, when I'm at college and when I was on my mission, I still have those characteristics, but I am more involved and social with people. I don't know why that is, but I think it's interesting. Switching gears a little, my mind has been on all the homosexual stuff that's been going on in the news. My aunt recently posted a link stating that California has passed a bill allowing boys who gender identify as girls to use a girls locker room in a school and vice versa. As a person, I do not support the hating of individuals, but as a student of family sciences, a Christian, and as a person, I cannot support the gay rights movement. This is as personal on the belief scale as I'm going to get, and I won't say anymore, but I think there needs to be a counter-movement from the people who support traditional families. While tolerance and equality are good things, there are some things in the world that are just wrong and should not be supported. That wraps up my thoughts for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment