Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week 2

Things seem to be going pretty well in this class so far. My favorite thing about family classes are that we get to talk about issues that families are currently facing, and I feel like I'm actually learning something that can benefit me in the future. This week, we talked about trends and myths relating to families that people in the world had to deal with, which I thought was very interesting and actually confirmed something that I've been believing for a while now. In the book we're reading, it brings up the trend of people searching for individualism and how a majority of their actions are motivated by seeking personal fulfillment by being independent and pursuing their own individuality. The problem with that, is we as people are inherently designed to function with other people, and we obtain the most fulfillment out of our lives if we have people to share them with. According the to research presented in the book, it appears that there seems to be a sort of "Values Resurrection" going on, which implies that traditional families are making a comeback. As I said, this is something that I've believed to be going on for a while now, and I hope to see it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment