Saturday, July 13, 2013

Winding Down: Parenting

As the semester comes to a close, it seems a tad odd that we would wait this long to talk about parenting in a class about family relationships.  However, if one takes the time to look at our previous material, then it actually makes a lot of sense.  We've spent the majority of the semester talking about relationships and things that would prepare people to be more effective parents and have healthier relationships with their loved ones, so now we can talk about the actual act of parenting.

I'll confess that this week hasn't been as memorable for me as previous weeks, but I think a large part of that is because I just finished a class on parenting last semester and the material we went over in that class is fresh in my mind.  What has stood out to me is the article "We Believe in the Ministering of Angels" by Larry Barkdull.  In that article it talks about how the angels that assist us in our lives are people who used to live on the Earth and are people that are related to us.  When you take the time to think about it, it seems like an obvious concept, but it's one of those things that gets taken for granted.

To close this post, I'll leave this quote from David O. McKay: "No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

No comments:

Post a Comment